Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Session 21 ***

$1.10 90 Player Sit & Go [turbo]

Place: 51 / 90 [57%]

Profit: -$1.10

Bankroll: $31.29



Since I reached (and went over) 30$ earlier today, I decided to treat myself by getting a taste of the next level. Unfortunately, the next level of 90 player sit & go's is only offered in turbo, with less starting chips - an entirely different ball game. I never have really liked or done well in turbo's, since they are more based on luck IMO (e.g., if you take a bad beat with that few chips and the blinds raising twice as fast - you're done for.). I put a request for Pokerstars to have non-turbo 1$ & 3$ a few weeks ago, hopefully they add them soon! Otherwise, I might be stuck playing these $0.25 games for a good while longer. Most likely, if they don't add the non-turbo, I will start mixing in $2.20 Sit & Go's once I hit 40 or 50$. Now, that is a much riskier bankroll management plan, since I would only have about 20 to 25 buyins for the 2$ tournaments. However, my only other options are to play the turbo's, where I expect a low win-rate, or to play the $0.25 S&G's until I reach a comfortable bankroll - that could take a couple of months. This risk, which will probably be the only exception to my general bankroll management strategy for the challenge, is worth taking since I am confident that I will still be a winning player at the next level. I will still be conservative with the bankroll though; e.g., I will not play the $2.20 S&Gs 100% of the time (let alone 50%) until I reach about 40 buyins (90$). I will continue to play $0.25 S&Gs as a supplement and if I happen to go on a bad streak I will lean more heavily to the lower limits. But I can't wait until I'm actually able to move up from these 25-cent games! Should only take me 1-2 weeks, or by the end of the month for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment