Thursday, December 31, 2009

Update #3: Bankroll Progress for December '09

Bankroll: $80.61

Profit for the Month: $60.74

The goal at the end of November was to be well on my way to 90$, where I could move to play 2$ games, and, at 100$, add in some ring games. This month was a great success as I am only a day or two from reaching 90$.

Since my last update, I have broken up my playing as follows. About 80% of my playing has gone into $1.20 single table Sit & Go's. 18% went into MTTs, most of which cost 1$. Once, I played a 3$ MTT and made a deep run to win 20$; this was a HUGE lift in my progress and since then I have made above-expectation progress. MTTs are fine to do every now and then, but even if you go deep, you only rake in a few dollars at this level unless you make a final table. Your time is better put into Sit & Go's but MTTs are always a fun challenge. The other 2% of my play-time was spent on the $.01 / $.02 ring games as a preview, those went pretty well.

The transition from $0.25 90 player Sit & Go's to Single table 1$ Sit & Go's was difficult at first - it is a different ball-game. After playing them one at a time, I figured out a decent strategy. I'm now playing about 8-10 at a time, with average profit of 3-9$ / session. This is MUCH more satisfying than the $0.25 FOUR hour sessions, where I would average half the profit in twice the time.

Right now I am trying to take advantage of Pokerstar's Sit and Go leaderboard. It looks like I may be able to get an extra 20$ / week plus a freeroll entry every month to help supplement my progress. This is the first week I've tried it, right now I'm heading for a top 10 finish but that's for another update.

My goal for the end of this month was to be well on my way to 90$. I expect to reach 100$ in less than 10 days. There I can play ring games at the $0.01 / $0.02 tables, I can continue the 1$ Sit and Go's, and I can add on 2$ MTTs as well as 2$ 90 player games -- Much more versatility. With that said, I expect to reach 150$ by the end of January. There I can add on 3$ single table Sit and Go's, 3$ MTTs; in addition I can make a run for their next highest sit and go leaderboard. (For more information, visit: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/)

Under tougher expectations, I hope to be coming close to 200$ by the end of next month. At that point, I can move up to $0.02 / $0.05 ring games, and 4$ Sit & Go's / tournaments. This may be a stretch since I will be back to school but I will dedicate as much time as possible without interfering with studies / college-life. :)

NOTE: I am no longer going to be adding session-to-session updates, but I will continue to add at least one large update per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment