Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update #4: Break-through Sit & Go Leaderboard Week

Bankroll: $123.88

I placed in the top 50 in the Sit and Go leaderboard, earning 10$ (Equivalent to about 50% rakeback...placing in the top 30, which is not hard to do (just requires alot of playing time), gives 100% rakeback).

Interestingly, I decided to spend it. I grinded out 100 games that week and really needed something more exciting. So I sat at a $.25 / $.50 PL Omaha Table and managed to win 42$ after a gigantic hand:

A A 3 J (two clubs)

vs.

K K * 5 (two clubs)

vs.

Random Guy on Tilt (10 9 J 7 - two spades).

To my great fortune, I flopped a nut straight (no flush draws on board), while the K K hand flopped trips, AND the random guy who shouldn't've been in the hand flopped a lower straight. All that had to happen was to avoid the board pairing, and I didn't, so I won a huge triple-me-up pot for quite a gain, I think I ended up 50$ ahead.

I got very lucky obviously. But when you get some kind of "Bonus" money in such a challenge it doesn't hurt to consider spending it on a tournament or something (tournament being the better option over what I did). Or you can keep it and just boost the bankroll (as opposed to losing it in that tournament). This is the better option IF you have momentum. If you're on a plateau, you might be interested in spending it (the main reason for me to take this little gamble).

That was a huge, well-needed jump-start (even though basically luck-boxed)

1 comment:

  1. sirdonkage here waiting for my 25 cents i have subscribe to your blog and i am a followerer when will i receive this?

    ReplyDelete